Fact Sheet: _CTDB
to STF Converter
Quick Scroll To:
This free tool converts from the CTDB (Compact Terrain
Database) format, an optimized run-time format used by the ModSAF and OneSAF
applications, to STF.
The current version is 188.8.131.52, and is compatible with SEDRIS SDK 4.1.x.
This application consists of the following components:
- Statically bound executable:
- - ctdbtostf.exe
- User's Instruction:
- Mapping Document:
- Supports CTDB format 7 and SEDRIS 4.1.x.
- Converts most CTDB features and their attributes.
The supported CTDB features incude:
- linear features
- laid linear features
- volume features
- aggregate features
- multi-elevation structures (MES)
- abstract features
- Supports both TIN and grid data (elevation and soil).
- Maintains the Polygon Attribute Table (PAT) entries
in the generated STF.
- Maintains the CTDB patch structure.
- Maintains the Water Characteristics table and Tidal Zones table in the generated STF.
- Maintains the geoid correction data, if any, in the generated STF.
- Derived geometric representations of CTDB linears,
laid linears and volume models.
- Maintains both inner-cell and inter-cell laid linear topology.
- Derived polygonal representation of the CTDB elevation
and soil grid.
- Supports the conversion of multi-cell GCS CTDBs
(old-style GCS and GTRS).
- FACC code conversion.
- Supports the quad-tree structure of CTDB Abstract
- Provides a GUI interface as a wrapper of the command line version.
- Supports Windows and Linux platforms.
- The current implementation of the CTDB to STF application
is only supporting CTDB version 7.
- Not all PAT attributes are supported: EDCS attributes
with non-enumeration data type are not supported since the units for those
attributes cannot be determined from the PAT.
- PAT attributes that have 5-characters are currently
not supported. The most common ones are: TEX_ID and F_CODE.
- Not all topologies are supported.
- CPU - x86
- Memory - 256 MB or greater recommended
- Disk space - 20 Mb for application installation
- Operating system - Tested with Microsoft Windows
- Other dependencies - None.
POINT OF CONTACT
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
for questions or assistance in using this application.
As a minimum, please provide the following in your
- application name
- application version
- hardware architecture
- OS name and version
- detailed problem description
- Support float data type of PAT attributes.
- CTDB format 8.