Fact Sheet: STF
to CTDB Converter
Quick Scroll To:
This free tool converts from STF to the CTDB (Compact
Terrain Database) format, an optimized run-time format used by the ModSAF
and OneSAF applications.
The user can partly lay out the mapping from SEDRIS
objects to CTDB feature types using the EDCS-based features file that the
application reads in to determine how to map STF to CTDB. Also, the user
can specify if the CTDB should be gridded, tinned, or hybrid. If gridded
or hybrid is selected, the user can specify a certain grid post spacing
to be used in the CTDB, or allow the application to determine the optimal
The current version is 22.214.171.124, and is compatible with SEDRIS SDK 4.1.x.
This application consists of the following components
This compiler has been tested on the following types
- Statically bound executable:
- - stf_to_ctdb (stf_to_ctdb.exe)
- stf_to_ctdb_gui (stf_to_ctdb_gui.exe)
- Default features file:
- Data files:
- - data/coord.rdr
- User manual:
- Additional features file information:
- Sample features files:
- - sample_features/features.rdr (duplicate of default features file)
- Help file:
- - S1000
- CTDB to STF-produced STFs
- Creates gridded, tinned, or hybrid CTDB terrain
from SEDRIS property grids or polygons.
- Creates SIMNET and single-cell GCS CTDB
- Creates multi-cell CTDB
- Provides -geotile_id command line option so user can
specify geotile instead of cell ID for GTRS.
- Creates more complex buildings than CTDB allows
by breaking them into smaller pieces.
- Extracts and creates the following CTDB feature
- Roads & Rivers
- Tree Canopies
- Microterrain (including multi-level microterrain)
- Soil Defrag Areas
- Political Boundaries
- Offroad segments
- Uses JointSAF-provided CTDB back-end compiler.
- Default values - ability to specify default values
for CTDB types when they aren't present in the STF transmittal.
- Features file - ability to map different EDCS code
values to different CTDB types.
- Area of interest command line option to generate UTM CTDB based on extents specified.
- Area of interest can now be specified in either UTM or Geodetic.
- Compiler only supports creation of CTDB Format 7
- Complex building support still has some problematic
cases that lead to a faulty building being created, causing ModSAF/OTBSAF
to stop drawing buildings at that point. Only known case of this happening
is VERTS New York database. This will be remedied in a future release.
- No support for compilation of MES buildings.
- MES bridge support is not working at this time.
- Compiler does not handle control-links.
- Compiler does not handle CCTT geometry-side basis sets.
- Intra-cell topology for road/river networks is not currently being created for multi-cell GCS/GTRS CTDBs.
- The option area-of-interest is only supported in UTM CTDB.
- CPU - x86
- Memory - 256 MB or greater recommended
- Disk space - 20 MB for application installation
- Operating system - Tested with Linux and Microsoft Windows
- Other dependencies - None
POINT OF CONTACT
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
for questions or assistance in using this application.
As a minimum, please provide the following in your
- application name
- application version
- hardware architecture
- OS name and version
- detailed problem description
- MES support to be added.
- Intra-cell topology support for multi-cell CTDBs.
June 22, 2011