Fact Sheet: STF
to DTED Converter
Quick Scroll To:
This free tool extracts gridded terrain elevation
data from SEDRIS Transmittals (STFs) and creates National Geospatial-Intelligence
Agency (NGA) Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED) files and directories.
NOTE: For a complete description of the DTED specification,
please refer to MIL-PRF
89020B, which can be found at the NGA
The current version is 126.96.36.199, and is compatible with SEDRIS SDK 4.1.x.
- Reads a SEDRIS
transmittal file and creates DTED files.
- Creates DTED files
with as much metadata as possible using values from the SEDRIS transmittal file.
- Creates a separate
DTED file for each Property Grid....
- Only processes
SEDRIS transmittal files produced by the GRIDS application.
- Only includes
metadata which is captured by the GRIDS application.
- Recommended minimum CPU speed for Intel based machines
is 500 MHz.
- Recommended minimum RAM for all supported platforms
is 128 MB.
- Minimum disk space required is 100 MB.
- Operating Systems Supported:
- Software Requirements: Java 1.3 or later runtime
environment required for Java GUI
POINT OF CONTACT
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
or assistance in using this application.
As a minimum, please provide the following in your
- application name
- application version
- hardware architecture
- OS name and version
- detailed problem description
- Update to maintain compatibility with future SEDRIS
June 22, 2011