Fact Sheet: _GRIB
to STF Converter
Quick Scroll To:
This free tool creates an STF from either a set of GRIB (gridded binary)
messages or METGM (meteorological grid format) messages.
GRIB is a World Meteorological Organization (WMO) standard
format used for thr transfer of gridded atmospheric and oceanographic data as described
in WMO 306, volume 1.2, part B, 2001. METGM is a NATO standard for the exchange of meteorological information, STANAG 6022.
The current version is 184.108.40.206, and is compatible with SEDRIS SDK 4.1.x.
- The application is executed from the command line prompt.
- Mapping files are required to execute the application. The content of the mapping
files may need to be modified for site specific mappings. See the User's Guide
for detailed information.
- A metadata file is required to provide information not included in the data files but required for the
correct production of an STF.
- Supports Windows and Linux platforms.
- All of the data files to be included in the STF must be for the same grid.
- Currently, only latitude/longitude grids are supported.
- GRIB and METGM messages cannot be included in the same STF, and cannot be processed at the same time.
- Grid projection information must be included in the Grid Description section of the GRIB message, section 2.
- Currently, only uniformly gridded data is supported. The vertical axis may be either constant height surfaces
or constant pressure surfaces.
- CPU - x86
- Memory - 256 MB or greater recommended
- Disk space - 30 Mb for application installation
- Operating system - Tested with Linux, and Microsoft Windows.
- Other dependencies - None.
POINT OF CONTACT
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
for questions or assistance in using this application.
As a minimum, please provide the following in your
- application name
- application version
- hardware architecture
- OS name and version
- detailed problem description